6.0 PSD reliability

When these trucks came out I saw a test that showed the Ford to be way more powerful than the competition.I went down to the dealer and took a test drive.The thing barely made it back onto the lot.It had a bad motor and the salesman called me later to tell me that it had been towed away and that he had a new one but I never bothered to return because I heard from other sources that the engine had major bugs. Now I realize that this has probably been discussed to death here but have these bugs been worked out completely?I'm coming into some $ soon and have always driven GM trucks and Ford cars but that 6.0 really seemed impressive,on paper. Any links or advice - much appreciated. TIA...............Brian O

******************** There are three kinds of lies; lies,damned lies,and statistics.---Disraeli
Reply to
Brian Orion

There were fuel injector issues when the engine was first introduced. The bugs are pretty much worked out now.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

The early fuel injectors were NFG. Problem fixed after approx production dates in April 2003.

Reply to
Mellowed

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Brian Orion) managed to peck out a few sentences:

A couple of comments refer to injector issues. Go to thedieselstop.com and learn that the 6.0no injectors were one of the many issues with the engine.

AW

Reply to
Hattmakr