1984 ford ranger

While the effort and execution of the garage cleaning should be very much appreciated, (and it sounds as if it is) your wife and son should be digging for the box o' bolts - or at least get you pointed in the right direction.

As for finding out the sizes and types, I have no idea where to turn. I doubt the dealership would know...

Good luck with it!

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

I bought a 1984 Ranger that's been in a garage since 1987- it had a blown piston- I just got the motor rebuilt. The problem arises I had all the bolts- intake manifold, exhaust manifold, motor mounts, bell housing bolts, fan, starter, radiator bolts- every bolt and alternator bolts in a box. My wife and son cleaned up the garage a couple of weeks ago, when I was sick ( as a favor) and now- no box of bolts. Any suggestions on how to find the size and type of bolts? this is the closest I have been to a major screw up in a long time!

Reply to
Csports

The service manuals have the bolts shown with a part number for many. Armed with the part numbers the dealership should be able to help you out. Roy DotSeaEh is .ca

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... | On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:28:44 -0700, "Csports" | wrote: | | >I bought a 1984 Ranger that's been in a garage since 1987- it had a blown | >piston- I just got the motor rebuilt. | >The problem arises I had all the bolts- intake manifold, exhaust manifold, | >motor mounts, bell housing bolts, fan, starter, radiator bolts- every bolt | >and alternator bolts in a box. My wife and son cleaned up the garage a | >couple of weeks ago, when I was sick ( as a favor) and now- no box of bolts. | >Any suggestions on how to find the size and type of bolts? | > this is the closest I have been to a major screw up in a long time! | | While the effort and execution of the garage cleaning should be very | much appreciated, (and it sounds as if it is) your wife and son should | be digging for the box o' bolts - or at least get you pointed in the | right direction. | | As for finding out the sizes and types, I have no idea where to turn. | I doubt the dealership would know... | | Good luck with it! | | |

Reply to
Roy Brown

if you have a good parts guy at the dealership, no problem

all the sizes and lengths are listed in the parts books

digging the info out might take a while, tho

Reply to
TranSurgeon

It would probably be cheaper and easier to buy a junked motor and salvage the bolts.

Reply to
Rob Munach