'66 F-100

Any gotchas about these trucks? have a line on one, 240/3spd. would like to know anything other than the usual old car stuff to look for when inspecting it. I need it like I need a hole in my head, but it's cute, doesn't appear to be too rusty, and it's for sale.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

This is a 42 year old truck there is going to be lots wrong with it. Dry rotted rubber, worn bearings, worn leafsprings, worn brake drums.....etc. Don't think you are going to get a jewel, this truck will need alot of work. Rust, yes there is hiden rust, the closer to the ground the worse the rust will be. So don't fool yourself.

Reply to
Ripcord

I'm aware of the typical stuff, as I actually own a car 11 years older than this truck. I guess i was looking for stuff like "the frame always cracks on those behind the shock mounts" or something like that, anything above and beyond normal aging, wear, or rust.

nate

Reply to
N8N