Nice score yesterday

I've had an ad running in the newspaper for the past couple of weeks looking for a cab for my '67 F100 SWB and got a call yesterday from someone nearby who said he had one and "didn't think it was a rust-bucket". I drove over to find a '70 (?) longbox which looked very complete, minus the steering column. I lifted the driver's-side mats to find the floorpan rusted away. Was getting ready to pass on it until I noticed it had a complete 390/C6 setup and the BIG factory-installed AC (with factory AC slider controls). Got the whole truck for $200! (I was THIS close to picking up a parts truck with a 360 in it...I'm glad I waited! Now if I could just talk my buddy out of the three-duece setup on his moth-eaten 390-equipped '63 Galaxie!)

Then I drove about 30 minutes away to a small out-of-the-way salvage operation a friend told me about. Found a '67 cab with great floorpans, very minor rust on the cab corners and needing one cab mount replaced. I was quoted $75-$100, with him removing the cab. Not bad. I've got appointments for three more salvage yard scoutings in Sioux City on Saturday, but unless they turn up with something better, I'll be picking up this cab.

I slept very well last night! :-)

Keith

Keith

Check out the salvage yards in Oto and Smithland. They have or had lots of Ford trucks. At least last time I visited.

Jay

Reply to
Jay