'88 Bronco: factory stereo - clock display instead of radio station display?

had a 86 Ranger that did the same thing

never did figure it out............

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

I recently bought an '88 full-size Bronco with the factory stereo/digital clock. Is there a way to have the clock's time displayed continuously instead of the radio station frequency? I didn't receive an owner/operation manual with the vehicle and figured out all the other functions but not how to have the time displayed all the time instead of the station. When I press the volume knob the time does display, and I was able to set the correct time, but it is irritating to have to press the volume knob whenever I want to see what time it is (especially at night when I can't use my wristwatch).

Reply to
Hoodude

Push and hold the volume knob until the display changes.

-- Bill Pounds

Pounds on Wood

I believe the trick is to hold the volume knob in for three seconds.

Reply to
Ken Finney

in 87,ford had the bright idea that we wanted to know what radio station we were listening to , and not what time it was. by 89 they got tired of people bitching that we were not that stupid that we did not know what we were listening to, and that it WAS important to know what time it was. so to answer your question ,no ,the only way to get the clock to continualy display is to change the radio to a newer one that shows clock and not station

Reply to
Falcoon

Thanks, I'll try that. I only pushed it momentarily to figure out that it changes to the clock, not long enough to see if the change becomes the default.

Reply to
Hoodude

Thanks.

Reply to
Hoodude

That runs counter to the previous replies.

Which answer is the correct one?

I'll find out when I try the press and hold method tomorrow.

Reply to
Hoodude

I have a 90, 91, and 93 all with the same stereo. In mine I can toggle which one I want displayed by pressing the button. It stays that way. Normally the clock is shown, but sometimes it's preferrable to see what the stereo is being tuned to as you try to find a station.

I'd guess that Falcoon's is correct. It's very possible that your '88 is different from my newer stereos :-).

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

we've had both an 86 and an 88 Ranger, and they have the 'freq' displayed all the time except for about 5 seconds after pushing the button

more rocket-science from the Blue Oval boys

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

the question was for an 88 radio. my reply refered to 87-89 radios.your coment was for 90,91, and 93 radios.these are completly different radios, as was stated in the end of my reply

Reply to
Falcoon