oil pressure

I have a 95 F-150 6 cyl 4wd and I had a problem where the oil pressure went low. I had the oil pump replaced about a year ago so I don't think that is the issue. Does anyone have any guesses at what it can be? I had the truck towed home and would like some advice before I take it to be fixed.

Thanks, pat

Reply to
Pat_RI

Bad sender? Did you check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
Pat_RI

Wouldn't it have made more sense to insure that the problem wasn't the oil gauge or sender before you dove in and disconnected the motor mounts, raised the engine, removed the oil pan and changed the oil pump, replaced the pan gasket and reassembled?

I like to start with the simplest solution first and work up from there.

Reply to
Advocate

Reply to
Pat_RI

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:08:55 -0500, Pat_RI rearranged some electrons to form:

The oil pressure gauge in a Ford truck is nothing more than an idiot light. It's set to read about mid-scale when the oil pressure is enough to keep the warning light off.

You need to verify that you really have no oil pressure by using a mechanical pressure gauge, not the one on your dashboard.

Reply to
David M

Ahhh, cool. Any shade tree mechanic can remove your oil sender and test the pressure with a pressure gauge at the block.

Reply to
Advocate