99.5 F250 clutch question

I've had my 99 diesel f250 clutch replaced with a LUK clutch (by the Ford dealer) and now it is so easy to push down and release the pedal I am worried that something is not right. The clutch engages somewhere around the mid swing of the pedal and everything else seems normal, but my left leg misses the workout it used to get from the old Ford clutches I've had in the past. What do you folks think?

Reply to
Steven Kennedy

I think the hydraulics are just working better. Get out on the road, lug the engine and plant your right foot.. If the truck accelerates and the engine rpms slowly rise as speed rises, the clutch isn't slipping. If the engine revs but you don't accelerate, the clutch is slipping.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Just as you said: "the hydraulics are just working better." ...go figure?!? Thanks for the info.

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Steven Kennedy

I would not worry about this as I had the clutch replaced in the '95 F350 diesel work truck that I drive. My original clutch was a killer . The replacement, by a local transmission shop, is so soft that I also thought something was wrong. You will get use to not working the left leg and after a while the left leg muscle will look like the right leg muscle.

Reply to
Paul Wilson