Cigarette lighter always on

My 2001 F150 has two power plugs (cigarette and aux) with both always on. Is there a simple way to make one or both shut off with the ignition?

Reply to
Woody

I believe they get power from the same source. Short of tapping into the line and putting another switch in there, I don't think there is another way. Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I'd get a relay and connect the line that activates it into something that is only hot when the ignition is on and hook its power supply line to the line that used to go to the lighter, and its output line would hook directly to the lighter. Be sure to get one that'll handle the current you wish to pull through the plug. It'll probably need a ground connection and you'll need to find a good place to mount it.

Reply to
Chris Hill