Code extraction, How

First timer here. Need to find out how to extract code from `91 f150. Someone showed me years ago how to get them from a Camaro. Entailed jumping a couple of leads from a plug under the dash and turning key on and counting the engine light flashes. Is the process similar for f150's??? Instruction and a link to decipher would be a big help. Thanks

Reply to
Jesse A. Harrington

. .

Code extraction, How Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Sun, Feb 15, 2004, 3:12am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@seasurf.net (Jesse=A0A.=A0Harrington)

First timer here.

Need to find out how to extract code from `91 f150. Someone showed me years ago how to get them from a Camaro. Entailed jumping a couple of leads from a plug under the dash and turning key on and counting the engine light flashes. Is the process similar for f150's??? Instruction and a link to decipher would be a big help. Thanks =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Jesse, try this.....

EEC-IV Troubleshooting

Address:

yer welcome, marsh ~:~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

If the check engine light flashes when you set up to run the self test, you can count the pulses with it. If it doesn't (I don't know if the F150 will, my '86 E150 didn't,but '94 Escort and my '94 Aerostar do flash) then you have to look at the *meter swings* or use a light, as illustrated.

Reply to
William Hopkins

Reply to
jeff