how to change security code for 1994

I have a 1994 nissan maxima that I not long purchased. I have the factory security door code, but I don't have the manual to know exactly how to change the previous owner's security code.

Please let me know.

thanks

Reply to
Devils Advocate

My Maxima has the keyless Digital Touch Entry System, but I don't know the code. How do I set it and operate it?

Ok first get a flashlight and, if your back is stiff, someone more flexible. Open the front passenger door and slide the seat back. Get on your back and with the flash light, look up under the dash, toward your left (this would be on the door's side of the dash). You should see a brass colored box with a wire harness and wires attached to it. You might see a label that says "Digital Touch Entry Control Unit" or something like that. You should also see two or three lines of code on the label. One of the lines should begin with the letter "S". Record the last 7 NUMBERS on that line, that's the master key number (well it should be).

Now, wiggle out of the car and shut the door. Press the button labeled "C"/"ST", where "C" is on the top and "ST" is on the bottom. Now enter the seven digit master key and you should hear a constant tone sound, during this period, enter a 5 to 7 digit entry key, this cannot match the master key. There also cannot be three digits in a row that use the same button, I.E. 909xxx or something like that. After you've entered the code, wait for the tone to stop, press "LCK"/"9|0" to lock the doors (HAVE A KEY READY JUST IN CASE YOUR CODE DOESN'T WORK STUPID!). Now press "C"/"ST" and enter your new code, the doors should unlock, if the doors do not unlock, press the "WDW"/"5|6" key and see if your front windows roll down. If they don't, the code operation didn't work, give me an email or something. If it did, then your door lock timer is fried and you need a new one. You might want to email me on that one too!

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

I have a 3rd gen 1990 will this procedure work for me also?

Thanks, newbie

Reply to
90MAX_VG_Auto

Yup.