Door Ajar switch Location

Where is it on a 1998 F150? I want to disable it because all i get now is the door chime coming on and off.

Thanks Bob

Reply to
Bob

Inside the door latch mechanism. If it is only stuck, a can of WD-40 sprayed into the latch will usually free it up.

Fritz

Bob wrote:

Reply to
Fritz the Cat

I hope he doesn't need the whole can of that stuff!

(Since WD-40 attracts dust, he might be better off with some powdered graphite. THis will lubricate and will not attract dust to the mechanism...)

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth

Are you saying its inside the door? The latch has no place to spray even with a spray tube.

Thanks Bob

Reply to
Bob

I got it!!!! I just sprayed the shit out of the latch and it finally worked. Thanks you made my day.

Bob

Reply to
Bob