el 205 brakes pull

Dealership put front brakes and tires on the van. Now when put the brakes on the van pulls left. Taken it back to them and get a different reason each time. Bad ball joint, needs new brake line. All this happens after the new brakes are put on. Ya right. I say it is in the brakes. They did a alignment when they did the brakes and tires. What your ideas on this? Thanks

Reply to
barry

First thing I'd do is swap the new tires from side to side. Although a bad tire will usually demonstrate itself all the time and not just during braking, it is possible. If that proves nothing, then it IS possible you have a bad hose, AND it's possible they caused it by letting the caliper hang by the hose. If that's the case I imagine you're going to get to pay for it. You'll never prove they did it. Another possibility is that the calipers need to be replaced and the piston was fine with worn pads, after they pushed it to the bottom of the bore, it becomes sticky. One last thing, is the caliper slides themselves, they need to be very free, and well lubed, allowing the caliper to float properly.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Sounds like they screwd up the Alignment. Happend to me once at Pep Boys on my Camry, then I took it to the Toyota dealer and had them redo the alighment and have not had trouble since.

Reply to
Bill Cain

Alignment will pull all the time, not just braking. And how would they change the alignment doing a brake job?

Reply to
Steve Barker