engine service codes

Is there a way for me to read the engine service code when the Service Engine Soon indicator comes on? I know that on some vehicles I could put a meter on the the diagnostic socket. You get a timed pulse output which could be interpreted to be a number relating to a specific diagnosis such as "blocked fuel filter" etc.

Is there anything like this on a 99 F150 with a 4.6?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

no

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Okay, next question...

I know there is some way to scroll through various > no

Reply to
Stephen

This isn't F150 specific but is for the mustangs. The F150 is basically the same in the readouts and what they mean. Follow the link:

FordStyle

As far as I know, there is no way to get OBDII codes without a code scanner. You can get a cheap one that only reads Ford cars and trucks for something like $50, or you could get the better model that will work on everything with an OBDI and OBDII for something between $100 - $15000.

Mike Sykes