F150 King Ranch SuperCab ???

Looking for pros and cons for a 2001 F150 5.4l King Ranch. Dealer asking for $24,271 (Started at $25,999) with 39,360 miles, it is loaded with every damn thing. Seems like a good truck to the unknowing eye. I have never owned a Ford before so just looking for some reviews. Also the prior owner upgraded to the K&N cold air induction and a Gibson exhaust system. What am I looking at in H/P? Figure it gets about 17 in MPG. And rear doors seem hard to open. (think the latch needs adjusting) So give me your best and worst stories.......

Shiloh (Prior Dodge Dakota driver, until totaled on Thurs.)

Reply to
Shiloh

Was really hoping to hear something from this group... Bought the Super Crew anyway, without any reviews Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Shiloh

Shiloh: I just bought an '01 King Ranch SuperCrew myself. K&N filter (not the full intake system), and a FlowMaster exhaust system. 5.4l engine. You can expect 19 to 20 mpg on the hiway if you use the cruise and stay between

65 and 70mph. Also had a Century topper. Overall, I am thrilled with the truck. Only problem is a litttle edge of rust on the bottom seam of the doors. I'm considering applying CorrosionX, and letting Ziebart go at it.

Scott

Reply to
scott

Hey thanks for the input, No rust here in Austin Texas though. I feel like a kid on Christmas with a shiny new toy.

CorrosionX,

Reply to
Shiloh