Ford Escape?

What do you folks think about them. My wife wants one.

John Rostock

Reply to
John Rostock

I've got a 2002 XLT 2-wheel drive w/11000 miles. I love it. I wanted something that was big enough to put what I wanted in (within reason), but not huge like the Expedition or Excursion. Have had no trouble with it, gets

20-21MPG around town, 23-25 highway. The '01's had a lot of problems, but no recalls on the 02 at all. Tom F.

Reply to
Tom F.

My only complaint was the seat back had some type of ledge/hump (not the lumbar support) that hit me in my back and the steering wheel was too close to the dash so I had to have it adjusted all the way up to be comfortable. Those factors were so obnoxious I instantly stopped considering it.

This was back in '02 when I was looking for a new vehicle, so they may have changed.

Other than that, it's a good blend of function, mobility and fuel economy. If they fixed the seat and steering wheel issue, I'd definitely consider getting one.

(Suzuki Z400 page) If you're going to ridicule my post, please do it publicly and stop privately e-mailing me.

Reply to
C-squared

We had one for two years (lease) and loved the little thing. It was the front wheel drive, 3 liter XLT. Pretty comfortable, lots of room for it's size, and the engine was really snappy. We put 24k on it and had no complaints.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mayner