'94 F150 Window motor

The power window on my '94 F150 has been acting up on me. The window goes down absolutely fine. Coming back up is the problem. It gets stuck, and also makes noises. If I grab the window and sort of pull it up, it comes up fine. Do you think I need a new motor, or is this something that can be repaired. I took the door panel all apart today just to see if the motor had come loose, but it is still as tight as can be in the original place with the original rivet's holding it in. If I had to guess i'd say its time for a new motor, correct? I guess its not too bad though, its lasted 137,000 miles, lol! Thanks in advance for any help. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Eric,

Be sure to check the nylon guides in the track (part of the regulator) for wear. If you already have the door panel off lube the window track (actual runner for glass) with CRC or WD40. Lubricate the run all the way up. Try to work the window again and see if this makes a difference. It usually does but is a little messy. Clean excess from glass with glass cleaner.

Good luck,

John

Reply to
PC PODD

Thanks John, My brother actually told me about those nylon things too. I am going to have to check that out. Unfortunately, I put the door panel back on before i found out about this. I did grease everything up while it was apart though, still no workie though. Thanks again! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

From last week:

----------->>>

I have a 85 F250, one failed last year, the other one about 9 mos later, should have done both at the same time. Truck only has about

110K miles.

Doug is correct, the gears can be had at the Ford dealer. If the motor is whirring, chances are it's the nylon gear(s) that have failed. When at the dealer, be sure to get four of the pop rivets (per side).

Not sure if 85 & 88 are identical, but here are the part numbers:

Gear Kit: DOAZ*62234A24*B Rivet 1/4": *385189*S100

Remove the door panel, drill out the pop rivets, support the window before removing last rivet, slide the square nylon bushing out of the window track, remove the motor and linkage. Replace gear parts. When you go to put it all back together, it will be easier if you have three hands to put the motor/linkage back in the door, position it and install new rivets. Wear long sleeves, there's lots of sharp thingys inside the door.

You will need a rivet gun capable of handling 1/4" rivets. These are "industrial" duty rivet guns, I doubt you'll find one at the corner hardware store, I couldn't find one at any of the rental yards either. Luckily, my neighbor has a glass business in his home and loaned me his rivet gun (two handed affair, about 18" long - ~$100). In a pinch you could use 3/16" rivets (steel) which most home duty rivet guns can handle. Use a broad head rivet and a backing washer. You could also use bolt/nut, but there is limited clearance behind a couple of the mounting holes, PITA.

For broad head rivets: Ace Hardware part #2014405 - 3/16" diameter "Snowmobile" - grip range 1/4" - 3/8"

David Jones djonesLSidaho.com

David '03 KTM 200EXC djonesLSidaho.com

IdaSpode

Thanks for all the help guys!! I'll try to get it done this weekend! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.