Ford Radio/CD

I have a new 03 Ranger that I've had for 2.5 months. I put a cd in the slot on the radio and it won't come out. The dealer wants to take the radio out, send it to a non-Ford repair and charge me for the problem. My question is this: Can I free up this disc without the lame assistance of the ford dealer? If yes, how? Thanks!

Reply to
Poster

Some of the new Ford CD players eat CD's with stickers on 'em or CDs that are copies. My moms Explorer and my sisters SportTrack both do it for instance. Both are 2003's too. When she gets one stuck, I reach in using two credit cards like tweezers and pull the offending CD out. Don't know if that'll help ya or not, but good luck. If it's a copied CD, just don't use 'em anymore and you won't have anymore problems.

Spdloader

Poster wrote:

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
Poster

Your welcome. Later,

Spdloader

Poster wrote:

Reply to
Spdloader

After you get the disc out, here's the next step. Install or have installed a decent aftermarket radio/Cd. I bought my truck with the basic AM/FM radio for that very reason, and now have a nice little Pioneer deck in. Installed two 5x9 speakers in the back as I was at it.

This is my '03 Ford Ranger, 'Gus'.

Plasyd

Reply to
Plasyd

The trick on automotive cd players is to not put a label on the home made cd's. Use a magic marker to label them. Certainly no need to quit using them. I never put my originals in the car or boat. Always copies.

Reply to
Steve Barker

FYI - I've seen a few different radios do this (incluing the 6-disc CD in my F250). If you hit eject and it give you an error, just drive around for a few days (weeks?) and eventually it just seems to pop-out. Must be the road vibration that helps. The CD player then work fine again, for several months until.....

-Skramblr

Reply to
Skramblr

You may find some help at

I used the site to fix my display problem. The help was right on the money and saved me a lot of frustration from my own Ford dealer. I noticed that there is information there about CD problems...again, mine was the display, but the help and support from the site was great.

-Skramblr

Reply to
Randy