Ford Transit turbo diesel problem

Hi,

I've had loads of Transits, but my latest is a '95 turbo diesel with auto-box. After starting the engine will sometimes run a bit rough on idle, but fin at higher speeds. Other time it runs well on idle. When it decided to run rough, it might put the red light on with a picture of an engine, then cut the power and not let me go any faster than about 30. Turn off and start up again and it runs as smooth as anything. Any ideas?

Further info., it doesn't burn oil or lose water. It doesn't run hot.

Mark.

Reply to
<mj210168

is the place you want to direct that question,you'll be glad you did........It's free too !

Good luck, Rick

Reply to
Burnett

Since it is throwing a code, get it checked. I'll bet that code will tel you something.

Reply to
Chris Hill