Installed new carb, transmission won't downshift.

Installed Edelbrock carb (600) in my automatic 1982 F150. Transmission is not down shifting when accelerating. The kick down rod is actually moving but the transmission is not kicking down. I can manually down shift, and that works fine, but, kick down doesn't work.

Reply to
cheryl cyster

Just because the kick down rod is moving doesn't mean it's connected correctly. You need to find out how much throw the kick down rod requires before it'll bump the tranny down a gear and either figure a new attachment point or modify the rod.. (or both)

I had a similar problem ditching the Rochester Q-Jet on my old Firebord nd replacing it with a Holley. Had to cut down the kick down rod and weld it back together to make it work.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
walt peifer