Manual Transmission Woes on an F350

Hi all. This group has helped me in the past and hope you can do so again.

My '01 f350 psd 6 spd was making a squealing noise at takeoff and as it worsened in 2nd and 3rd as well. Someone in this group diagnosed it as the Pilot Bearing. Anyway I got it in to the dealer ( just under warranty ). They confirmed it as the Pilot Bearing as well and did the following work.

The Work Order reads as follows

re and re transmission and replaced the clutch dis C pressure plate and pilot bearing

7003A manual transmission assembly - remove and install (7003) - L 6 W94 3.7

1 1C3Z*7550*DBRM Disc asy - clutch

1 F81Z*7563*DA Cover 1 F81Z*7548*AC Bearing asy - Clutch 1 D8TZ*7600*A Sleeve 1 F81Z*7B602*AA Bolt

They seem to have cured the squealing noise, but now I have another problem.

The clutch feels as thought something is loose or sloppy. If I'm driving along in gear and take my foot off the accelerator the vehicle lurches, as if slipping into neutral, and then quickly jerks back again as if the gears are grabbing. It feels almost as thought the entire transmission is loose. I'm sorry, but I don't know how else to describe what is happening. I intend taking it back to the dealer again, but would like any opinions from this group first.

In the past, when I've owned old beaters w/ standard transmissions I've noticed the same condition and just put up with it. For the price of this vehicle and due to the fact that it's a warranty issue I don't want to let it go.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

tia

Peter H

Reply to