missing sway bar

I took my truck (99 expy xlt 4x4) in for brake issues and the dealer called me back to tell me that I was missing my sway bar. I've never heard of somebody missing (losing) a sway bar. Could this actually happen?

Reply to
J&J

Maybe someone stole it.

If it had broke off, I would think you would have noticed it.

Are they talking about a front or rear sway bar?

Maybe this is the cause of all those rollovers.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

I've seen some sway bar links disappear but never a whole sway bar. Perhaps the service advisor advised you incorrectly?

John

Reply to
PC PODD

Probably a previous owner removed it to get better articulation in the hills(rocks) they make a quick disconnect so you can release them without removing them. it is safer to remove the rears. john

Reply to
johnny