MP3 Player

I just traded in my 93 Ranger for a 2003 F-150. I miss my MP3 player which fit so nicely in the dash of the Ranger. I left it in there since I knew the only way I would get it to fit in the 150 is with the cheesy spacer that you have to buy to fit the 'almost' double DIN footprint. I hear now that there is a Heritage edition or something with a factry MP3 player in it. Any news on what it is, or of any MP3 player which can be installed (not a FM modulated deal ) and look nice?

TIA

Reply to
Mike Smith

The 2002 Ranger comes with an optional in-dash MP3/CD player. I have no idea if it will fit the F150 but it's worth a look-see.

Reply to
Reece Talley

That's the stock Ford MP3/CD player, also sold aftermarket by the supplier, Visteon. According to their site, however, they recommend professional installation, which might mean the stereo opening in the Ranger is a different size than the F-150.

Reply to
Hagbard Celine

The F150 STX 4x4 has a Kenwood mp3 player in it. Just saw it in my 2003 brochure.

SMC

Reply to
MOTO

Check

for Ford factory radios and pretty good prices.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Cool. After clicking on the selector to pick '01 F150, it shows:

""Plug and Play" you can install the MACH MP3 Music System yourself using the easy-to-follow installation guide provided. Click here for warranty information."

Same for my '01 Ranger. Wonder how much?

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Awesome, thanks for the info. (reaching for the credit card now ;-)

Reply to
Mike Smith

I installed a Pioneer CD/MP3 player in my truck. Just took the old stock tape player out and used a store-bought installation kit. Took me perhaps half an hour.

You can burn CD-R/CD-RW's (CD-RW is the way to go) with your MP3s on them. Very nice, having 150 audio tracks or more. ;)

Reply to
Firebird^

asinine DJs. Makes for rightous traveling.

Reply to
Ken Engle

I just start to love MP3 since there no good stations here if your not by the bases.

Reply to
bubba in italy

you could always set an equalizer /booster with it.

Reply to
Ken Engle