Swapping parts

I hit the U-Pull-It salvage lot yesterday and picked up a power steering pump from a '97 (IIRC) F-150 with a 300. Is there any reason why I couldn't use this pump with my '67 F100? I'm converting over to power steering using a Bendix box. I grabbed the water-pump pulley and the crank pulley/harmonic balancer as well. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some difference in pressures, etc. that would make it incompatible with my present parts.

PICTURE:

Also, I'm adding an underdash AC unit to my '67, which actually is a factory unit originally installed on a '69 F100. I have everything to install except the brackets to install the York-style compressor to my

240 I6. In the salvage yard I could only find one Ford pickup with an I6 and AC, and it was a '90s version (IIRC). It had a different style compressor but looked like it would work OK. Has anyone else tried this style of compressor on an underdash system, and would it give me any problems?

This compressor has the intake and output hose nipples coming from the top, but one side has two nipples instead of just one, as can be seen in the picture here. What is that for? Can it be blocked off for my application?

PICTURE:

Keith

Reply to
Keith