OUT OF FUEL IN 1999 FORD RANGER

OK all I ran out of fuel in my Ranger and after putting fuel back it wouldn't start. What do I need to do in order to get if started. snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or 817/729-2026

Reply to
Renaldo353407

Keep trying. DO NOT crank the engine continuously for more than about 10 seconds. It could take more than a minute to get the motor running doing this.

OR

You can locate the infeed line to the Fuel Injector Rail, and disconnect it. Then switch the key on to run the fuel pump, and turn the key off when fuel comes up. Then, reconnect teh line and the morot should start easily. It should take about a minute to unplug the line, feed gas, then plug the line in again.

It should be obvious that this method would require an assistant and a vessel in which to catch the fuel.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

all you have to do is turn the key on , wait 3 seconds, turn it off and back on, wait 3 seconds. etc. do this ten times an it will start right up. No bleeding is necessary and can be downright messy and somewhat dangerous.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

I agree with Steve, you can try that. In my expereince though, the fuel pump will stop running after a few cycles, and they you have to wait for the pressure to bleed down again. I'd try it until I heard the fuel pump fail to come on, then I'd move on to disconnecting the supply line from the rail.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

They will do this indefinitely. and each time, it will pass the air through to the return.

Steve Barker