Overdrive

I have a 2003 F-250SD 5.4l with automatic. My question is when I am pulling a snowmobile trailer weighing approx. 1900 to 3000 lbs., how do I know when to turn off the overdrive.? Is this light enough to leave it in overdrive? I know this might be a dumb question but I really need to know.

Thank You in advance.

-- Kevin

Reply to
Kev5150

overdrive?

Don't worry about it unless it keeps shifting between 3rd and OD looking for a more comfortable gear.

Reply to
Tyrone

There are no dumb questions! If you have questions about your diesel truck, may I suggest

a site dedicated to F--D diesels. Click on forums and select the appropriate year. Prepare to learn more than you ever wanted to know about your truck. Enjoy!

Reply to
Peter

Unless you are in hilly terrain causing it to frequently shift or "hunt", then just leave it in OD and let the trans do it's job. The trans is plenty beefy to handle the job as long as it doesn't have to hunt.

Reply to
lugnut