PCV Valve location?

Just purchased a used 2000 Altima GXE with 96,000 km on it.

Where is the PCV valve located on a 2000 Altima 2.4 L engine?

TIA!

Reply to
Bob Blasutti

The PCV valve is on the backside of the engine block, it is made of metal and actually has threads on it. Getting it out of there can be a trick, you will have to do it from underneath the car. A Nissan Dealership should charge about $55-$75 to replace it.

Reply to
MegAltima

The PCV Valve is on the back of the engine block, under the intake somewhere. It's not impossible to get to, but you'll have to get underneath your car to get to it. Also the value is made of metal (cast aluminum I believe) and has to be screwed in/out. I can't recall the size (I want to say 15 or 17mm). It has about a 25cm rubber hose coming from it's spout going into the intake from beneath. If this sounds like too much fun to replace, you could pay a shop or dealer about $60-$75 to replace it.

Reply to
MegAltima