Question: turn sig. hazard, brake lights not working e150 1997

My hazard, turn and brake lights started not working and I had never worked on that before and I figured a quick fuse and I would have it fixed - wrong - in the owners manual I couldn't find any fuse labeled brakes, turn signals or hazards - I tried a few fuses that might be involved but they were all okay. Does anyone know what fuse might be involved with those lights? Thanks

Reply to
klb

Could be the multifunction (turn signal) switch. Tilt the steering wheel in all the positions while trying a turn signal. This was misdiagnosed as the switch when it happened to me. I did the wheel tilt and figured out it was a loose connection going to the multifunction switch. I think a lot of switches are replaced when it's only a bad connection.

Reply to
MRhumble

Is your cruise control working? I don't know what type of vehicle you have, but on my 2000 F-150 there appear to be 2 possibilities. Location #13, a 20A fuse and maybe #15, a 5A one.

Clark

Reply to
Clark