Ranger AirBag trouble code 47

My 2002 Ranger's air bag indicator just started flashing code 47. (four flashes, a brief delay, then seven flashes, repeats three times, then stays on steady). Anyone have a reference to what the code means? thank you.

Reply to
mcalister

mcalister I just had the same code and fixed it at no cost there is a service bulletin to clean the connecter under the seats because the 47 code is the code for the right seat belt pretensioner. i have the service bulletin if you like i could fax it to you . You have to disconnect the battery and waite 5 mins for the back up battery so the airbag doesnt deploy .

Reply to
LIFTED01EDGE

Anyone know what a code 27 is?

-Ryan Dupree

Reply to
backyrdjunk

Can you send me the service bulletin too? I have the same (reoccurring) problem and I'm tired of taking my truck to the shop every time this error occurrs. Thank You

Reply to
nichster88