Ranger Gone ???

Is the Ford Ranger really gone after this year? Is anybody else still making a compact truck?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

No, they are keeping it around a little longer, then probably replacing it with an F100 starting in 2011.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

You mean besides Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, to name a few. I don't know the status of the Mazda B-Series truck, which is the Ranger with a different nameplate, but it is always possible that Ford could drop the Ranger while Mazda continues on with the B-Series. .

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

The current Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, and Mitsubishi Raider are all "mid" sized trucks. The Tacoma is almost as large as the original Tundra (before they monster-sized the Tundra and turned it into POS). I have a 2006 Frontier and it is only a little smaller than my short box, regular cab, 1992 F150 and a lot larger (at least on the outside) than my Father's 1999 Ranger. The Raider is just a slightly restyled Dakota. Mazda still builds a compact truck that is not based on the Ranger for sale in other markets (South America, Australia, Asia, Europe). They even sell a "Ranger" badged version in other markets.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

All Mazda B-series Trucks and Ford Ranger Trucks are manufactured by Ford at the Twin Cities Assembly Plant in St. Paul, MN. This is the only plant that makes these vehicles, as well as being the only vehicle the plant itself makes. The plant had been slated to shut down in 2009. Recently Ford has announced it will remain open through

2011, which likely means Rangers will be available through that time as it is unlikely Ford will Retool this factory.
Mike H