Ranger tailgate problems

I am having trouble getting into a 2000 Ranger tailgate to replace the handle and re-attach the cable. Any hints out there?

Reply to
Bill

I have a 93 and an 03, they both have a panel inside the tailgate that runs the full length of the tailgate and about 6 inches wide. Torx head screws hold it on, you unscrew about 8 screws and pull the panel off and you can replace any of the parts you asked about.

Reply to
Scott