Re: 4x4 low not kicking in

hey can anyone tell me what I might check to see why my 4x4 low gear doesn't

> kick in. I have a Ranger XLT 2001 4x4 and it has 4x4 high and 4x4 low gear. > High kicks in but when I switch it to low the light on the dash board doesn't > light up. When I use high I can hear a relay click in the dash but it doesn't > in low so Im thinking it might be a bad fuse or something. Can anybody tell > me what I might check for on this problem?.. Thanks! > > --Bill > > --- Synchronet 3.10L-Win32 NewsLink 1.43 > * DEADZONE - Mesquite, Texas - telnet://deadzone.dynamic-dns.net
Reply to
Bob

To: "Bob" Re: Re: 4x4 low not kicking in By: "Bob" to alt.trucks.ford on Tue Aug 26 2003 09:28 pm

oh wow.. thanks, Bob.. That worked. :-) thank you so much. you saved me about $80.00 bucks.

--- Synchronet 3.10L-Win32 NewsLink 1.43 * DEADZONE - Mesquite, Texas - telnet://deadzone.dynamic-dns.net

Reply to
Bill Mageors

pm

You're very welcome, but for what it's worth you could have found the same info in the owners manual. It's a safety feature designed to keep people from messing up their transfer cases. Bob

Reply to
Bob