Re: Bed liners

Howdy;

> > I have a friend who is looking at spraying that black stuff into the > bed of his pickup, mainly to protect and noise supression. He is > looking at Rhino for $350 and at Line-X at $405. > > Any decernable difference between these two, besides price? > Pros and cons would be appriciated. > He's putting this into a 2004 F-350 super cab diesel with a short bed. > > And should he even consider a slide in unit (my idea)?? > > Thanks for any help. > -- > The Seabat

If he's selling the truck next week then sure go ahead and put in the slide in. But if he wants to keep it a while and have it look good then do the spray in.

I have had the Rhino in my truck for about 5 years now and it has done great but the line x is the same thing so it really doesn't matter too much.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry P

Slide-ins are not even an option. As for Rhino vs Line-X, have him look at several LOCAL installations of each. Both products are only as good as the installer. I did this and discovered that all of the Rhino installations looked bad with lots of slumps and the drain holes plugged up in the bed. The local Line-X installer did a great job so I went with Line-X. Go with the one who does a better installation.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

I'd have to agree with Charles on this one. I've made the mistake of the drop-in liner. Darn thing caused the bed to rust under it. I have the Rhino in my 99 F-350 SD CC, and am very pleased with it. A friend has the Line X, and is also content with it.

Reply to
John D. Wilson

I have the line-X in my present truck and had the rhino in my previous truck. It seems to me the line-x is thicker and looks better.

Good luck

Hector

Reply to
Hector Rodriguez

I bought a Bedrug and could not be happier.

installations

Reply to
ddtisme

I have a 99 F350 PSD with Line-X First thing I had done when I picked the truck up. Unless they changed Rino cold sprays and Line-X Hot Sprays. That's why the Line-X cost more. Looks a lot better. I've used mine for everything from hauling firewood to my large 5'th wheel. I'd go with Line-X

Reply to
Kenneth Russell