Remove Radio Face Plate

I have a 2000 F150 Lariat 4x4. I am trying to remove the radio face plate but feel it is going to break. There are 2 small holes on each side and it feels there are clips in there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John....

coll12 AT hotmail DOT com

Reply to
JHC

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:54:53 +0000, JHC rearranged some electrons to form:

Go to Wal Mart and get the removal tool. It's about $5.

Reply to
David M

Got mine at AutoZone.

Reply to
Frank

I use four small Allen wrenches. Put one in each of the holes in the corners and push in on them.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

aw, just bend a two coathangers.... ..best time so far is 17 seconds to pull it out...

Reply to
j.b. miller

See the removal instruction at

on how to construct some removal tools from coat hangers...personal tip--use the stiffest coat hangers you have...flimsy doesn't work good on this.

Thanks.

John....

coll12 AT hotmail DOT com

Reply to
Randy

Go to your local hobby shop and get some 1/16" piano wire. It's the only way to go.

Reply to
Tyrone

Why the hell not just spend the $5 for the proper tool!?!?

Reply to
Steve Barker

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:42:21 -0500, Steve Barker rearranged some electrons to form:

Really. By the time you bent the coat hanger or piano wire, broke it off inside the radio, and have to bust the faceplate to get it out, you would have wished you would not have been so cheap and not bought the tool.

Reply to
David M

I want to see you break a piece of 1/16" piano wire inside the radio. At no time does the wire go inside. You have obviously never done the job or you wouldn't make the comments you did. Besides, the piano wire costs about 25 cents and I'm willing to bet it will be easier to find than the FORD tool.

Reply to
Tyrone

I bought the proper tool and have tried on several occasions, without success, to get the radio to slide out. Is there some special trick to it, or is mine jsut being difficult?

Reply to
Gary C

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:42:54 +0000, Tyrone rearranged some electrons to form:

Wrong Tyrone, I have replaced several radios. Of course I just was making a point, 1/16th inch wire would not break off. And, since you say you can remove the radio with thin flexible wire, and that the wire "doesn't go inside" you have obviously never done the job or you wouldn't make the comments you did.

Wrong again Tyrone. The tool is available at your friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart. Quit being such a cheapskate. The job is much easier when you don't have to fart around with a coat hanger.

Reply to
David M

"doesn't

neighborhood

Nobody said anything about using a coat hanger. Never said anything about thin flexible wire. The wire does not go inside the radio. It remains on the outside of the case at all times. Obviously, you have no idea what piano wire is, You bend two pieces. Each in the shape of a "U". Stick them in, press outwards and pull the radio right out. Pretty simple stuff. OTOH, if you want to buy your stuff from the local WalMart and help them put Americans out of work, that's your business.

Reply to
Tyrone

Nope, the tools are everywhere. Napa, carquest, walmart.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Push them in till they click, then squeeze them towards one another ever so slightly, then pull. It'll come right out if you have ruined the clips with piano wire or coathangars.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Last time I looked, there were Americans working at the Wal-Mart. I don't go anywhere else for much of anything. Unless it's to Lowes for hardware and lumber. It's the fokkers driving ricers that are putting Americans out of work. Junk Jap shit anyway.

Reply to
Steve Barker

That meant to say "if you have NOT ruined the locks with piano wire or coathangars."

Reply to
Steve Barker

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:25:37 +0000, Tyrone rearranged some electrons to form:

You know, Tyrone, when you start talking about stuff that you know something about, people will listen. Until then...

Reply to
David M

So they give a couple of Americans a low paying job. The problem is that just about everything you buy there was made by someone working for next to nothing in some foreign country. If you go into WalMart you will see women who work for Publix, Winn Dixie or the like, buying their groceries there. I guess they don't realize that by supporting WalMart, they will eventually put the food store that they work for and themselves out of a job.

Americans out

business.

Reply to
Tyrone