how to remove WRX radio?

What do I have to do to remove the factory CD changer/radio in a 2002 WRX? Are there screws holding the face plate?

Someone spilled coke into it and I need to take it out for cleaning.

Also, how do I remove the temperature control knob below the radio? Same problem.

Reply to
peter

The double din radio is surrounded by a plastic bezel which is only held in by snaps. It may be easier to pull it out gently by removing the cup holder (2 screws) and then pulling on that corner first. Be very careful. Sometimes those snaps are tenacious and the bezel plastic gets frail with age. You will then see 6 screws holding in the changer. Once that is removed, you can access the temp controls below it.

Good luck and again, be very careful removing the bezel--be very patient with it.

CW

Reply to
CW

"peter" wrote in news:QD0mb.37751$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

These are instruction for installing the subwoofer but contain the info on how to access the head unit:

Fuzzy Logic

Excellent! Thank you very much.

Reply to
peter