SD overhead console problem

Problem isn't really the word for it... The overhead console on my '02 SD literally fell off the roof the other day - probably because the mounting tabs shattered like glass. This happened about 3 seconds after the door that covers the garage door opener shattered when I pressed it.

Press & shatter.. wait a few seconds... entire console cover falls off and little bits of grey plastic fly everywhere..

Anyone else ever have this happen? I can't figure out how this plastic can be so damned brittle that it'd shatter almost like glass..

Anyone know where to get a new overhead console & door without it costing several hundred dollars??

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 01:25:42 -0800, The OTHER Kevin in San Diego <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote something wonderfully witty:

Was it cold out?

Reply to
ZombyWoof
[snip]

Just being sarcastic here, but check out my nym and ponder the answer to that question... :)

Reply to
invalid unparseable

FYI - Last summer on my '02 (gray interior) I first had the sunglasses door latch snap off (for no apparent reason) and then about 1 month later the garage door latch snapped off, too. Lucky for me the replacement console was covered under warranty. I played around a bit with the broken pieces and they were brittle. I'm thinking a bad batch of plastic resin (too much regrind?). Anyhow, my Dad's '01 has the same interior and shows no signs of breaking like my '02.

-Skramblr

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Skramblr