Still pinging

I cleaned the MAF in my '99 3.0 Ranger twice in the past two months. The first time with just carb cleaner, the second time with carb cleaner and a Q-tip. I also used Valvoline's SynPower fuel and intake cleaners.

The ping is barely noticeable when the air is off. When I have the air on (needed for the Las Vegas summer) and I'm going between 45-65 the ping is loud and clear.

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

This is driving me crazy.

Reply to
Scott Mangold

Next time clean the MAF with brake cleaner or contact cleaner. If that doesn't work, turn the volume up very loud.

Reply to
JS

Have you tried 89 octane gas? Is your check engine light on? If so get that looked at. If the check engine light is not on make sure it wirks by turning on the ignition wothout starting and the light should come on. If not replace the bulb abd if you get a light while running check it out. You cpould be having EGR or knock sensor problems if so equipped.

Reply to
fredzo