Throttle Body Spacers

Hello Anyone have any experience with TBD's for the F-150 4.2L V6? Do they increase torque as advertised? Does the fuel mileage increase? Would like to hear all comments. Thanks Larry

Reply to
L.D.Cosby

I put one on my '98 F150 5.4L V8 and it works quite well. The only thing I don't like is the whistle noise that you get a certain rpms.

Later... Grant Speed Kills...Drive a Honda, live forever...

Reply to
Forcefan83

While you may see a measureable improvement in an engine with a carb or throttle body injection, a throttle body spacer in an engine with multiport fuel injection is darn near close to worthless when it comes to improving performance or economy.

My favorite is the "Vortex" that "spins" the air going into the manifold. What a crock.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

||My favorite is the "Vortex" that "spins" the air going into the manifold.

The key is proper installation. If you are in the Southern hemisphere, the casting mark goes on the upstream end. Get it wrong, and the Vortex spins the wrong way, and is counterproductive. One way to tell if you have it wrong is when you notice the neighborhood dogs howling as you pass by. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B