Tie rod ends

Hello: I have my '01 F250 4x4 and noticed that the grease cups on my tie rod ends are ruptured. Is there any way to replace these without replacing the tie rod ends? I would hope you could pop themm apart and put a new cup in there and just pop them back together, thus saving a whole re-alignment job. The steering is still tight and does not exhibit any issues, so I would rather not have to tear everything apart.

Thanks

Reply to
No One

That's what I'd do. I believe the Help brand parts, has the boots/cups. The alignment won't change by doing this unless you loosen the sleeves and turn the ends. You will need a pickle fork or a 'popper' to break the tie-rod loose. You might check the ends for any 'looseness'. Hope this helps.....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt