Turn signal problems on 01 ranger

i just installed led replacements for my tail lights. as a result they work great but blink very quickly. any recomendations on a part or something else that needs to be changed out so i can slow the blinking down?? thank you

Reply to
Grippin

I think I read where a heavy duty electronic flasher will do the trick.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

thx!

Reply to
Grippin

No problem, I hope it works out for ya.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

One person recommended a heavy duty flasher. That may help but I think the real problem is you do not have enough of a load to make the flasher work properly. When LED tail lights first came out 4 or 5 years ago, this problem was cropping up everywhere. The problem is flashers require a certain amount of current draw to work properly. LED's do not create such of a load so you must go to an electronic style flasher not the old heavy duty mechanical type flasher. Most auto parts stores are starting to carry electronic style flashers now.

Bruce

Gripp> i just installed led replacements for my tail lights.

Reply to
Bruce Marcotte

I did mean the electronic style, but they are heavy duty.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I think you have the right idea, except backwards. More load on the flasher will make it blink faster. More load = more heat which causes short, fast lamp-on times. H

Reply to
Hairy

actually more load means that your lamps are incandecent, LED's dont require very much current, which means a lighter load.

Reply to
Grippin

Now you have me second-guessing myself :). In any case, Bruce was correct that an electronic flasher will solve your problem, since they are not load dependent to work properly. H

Reply to
Hairy

:-) thank you and thank you everyone for all the help, going to the parts store tonight to get a flasher to install this evening. *crosses fingers* will post tomorrow to see if itll work. Tridon makes the flashers if anyone else is interested and has the same problem as me.

Reply to
Grippin

Works Great! even added more LEDs to the front where as before it would only stay constant and make an alarming buzz in the cab. thanks again for all the help.

Reply to
Grippin