Warning bell

I bought a 93 F250 XLT, and I think there should be a warning bell that goes off when you turn off the truck but leave the lights on, or open the door with the key in the ignition. The previous owner must have disabled it. Can you tell me where I can find the warning bell to re-enable it?

Ed B. snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Ed B.

It's located just above the brake pedal on the firewall. It is a small box about 3" tall by about 2" wide and 1" thick. It has a multi-pin plug that controls all of the warning bell signals including seat belts etc. It may just have been unplugged. That's what I did to mine.

Reply to
Sudoxe

I can see disconnecting the seat belt bell , but the key in and lights on bell I would not unplug ! . The seat belt bell is a pain in the as@!&^* . And I use my belt all the time , but I can not stand the bell ringing before I get a chance to hook it up .So I do not here it anymore ? . Hope this will keep safety in mind with out a bell . :0) . Fox.

"Ed B." wrote:

Reply to
silverfox

Well, if you do up the belt before you start the truck your problem goes away. (We all have different habits, right?)

HR.

Reply to
Rowbotth

Yes you made a good point . Thanks Fox .

Rowbotth wrote:

Reply to
silverfox