WHY WOULD ANYBODY...

What's to get? I just don't like owing and driving them, although I can think of a few 60's muscle cars that might change my mind in a real hurry. ;-) Seriously though; I just like trucks better, it's not like I've got a big frown on my face when I have to ride around in a car or anything.

Cheers, Ken

Reply to
kenb

Ok, I'll bite too.

I have about 140K on a 99 Ranger I bought new. So far, it has proven to be the most economical, reliable, and comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. It does all the truck stuff that _I_ need to do, and on the highway I am still approaching 30mpg.

A couple of years ago, my dad was talking about the same sort of thing "you can even haul WET grass clippings in your truck! whooee!!" etc. His brother came out from PA to visit, and their camping/fishing trip was about to be stymied when the brake master cylinder puked on his fullsize Chevy. I loaned him my Ranger for their trip, and he realized that it can do everything he ever wants a truck to do. Within the year he traded his fullsize Chevy of 10 years in on a 2001 Ranger, and he loves it to bits.

So there.

Reply to
phaeton