1993 Oldsmobile Royale - Service Engine Soon Light

Greetings all, I've got a 1993 Olds that recently started intermittantly showing the Service Engine Soon light, but only after it warms up.

I pulled the code and it's a 56, transmission input speed sensor (TISS).

The car has around 164k miles.

I'm thinking either the sensor is bad, or most likely it's a problem with the wire since it's coming on only after warming up. I don't know, I guess it could be both.

Anyway...my question is, would it hurt to just leave it alone and run it as is, or should I get this fixed? It doesn't seem to affect how the car runs.

Thanks,

Phil

comments

Doubt it is the wire. Wires work in most any temperature in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. I think the polarity is reversed in Australia.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Shep