1995 GMC Sonoma A/C question

1995 GMC Sonoma pickup. The A/C was working fine then stopped blowing cold air. I checked and the compressor clutch is not locking on.

There are 3 relays in the glovebox and 3 more out under the hood near the blower box. Could it be a bad relay? Or is it more likely just low on R-134 and so the pressure switch is preventing the clutch to lock? Any advice on how to check this out would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Reply to
Bob D.

There is a pressure switch that prevents the system from operating. I would take it to a garage and have it checked. Same happend to me and it turned out the condensor had a leak.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thanks!

Bob...

Reply to
Bob D.

You can jumper the low pressure switch to see if low refrigerant is the problem, but Steve's advice is the best. H

Reply to
Hairy