1996 Jimmy

This vehicle has been a headache to me since I purchased it. My latest problem is that when I accelerate it has a very hard time shifting when I reach approx 25 miles per hour. I have to let go of the gas to force it to shift. Any suggestions as to what's wrong with it? I took it to a garage and was told to have the transmission fluid flushed but that did nothing except drain my wallet.

Reply to
mechanical_idiot

My guess would be that the Throttle Pressure cable on the throttle body is out of adjustment, this would control shifting, it could be streched out or maybe broken.

Reply to
Adam

Thank you for your quick reply Adam. Is this a difficult or expensive thing to repair? Also just a note....it is at approx that speed that it has difficulty. It doesn't do it any other time.

Reply to
mechanical_idiot

The dealer tells me it needs an entire new transmission - $1800 please. Does that sound right since it only does it at the lower speed? Once it gets over that hump it drives fine.

Reply to
mechanical_idiot