2000 La Sabre. Where's the chirp?

Hello. Seems I'm having trouble changing modes of my door locks. I want to have the horn chirp to notify of lock and unlocked status, but I'm having no luck. Manual calls for the ignition to be on, lock button held, and trunk button to be used to toggle . All I get is an open trunk. What's going on here? Thanks.

Reply to
jeff wald

Better then I have been able to do. I tried to program my keyless remote but found out it was broke. Now my open trunk wont work. I posted but no one has responded.

Reply to
Tim