2004 Buick LeSabre Emergency Trunk Release

My sister-in-law yanked the emergency trunk lid release out of my brother's 2004 LeSabre. Now he cannot open the trunk even with the key.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Can the unit be replaced? Thank you.
Jack.
Get it to a body shop to open the trunk, if the key won't work and the auto release won't work.

How did your brother get his wife in the trunk? If your Sis In Law is anything like mine the trade-in value will be drastically reduced unless she is removed from trunk. ;)