89 LeSabre wont start

:eek: have an 89 LeSabre that's been laid up for about a year. Started and ran fine for a few weeks; then had start up problems. Would start, then next time (or 4 or 5) wouldn't; then would and so on. 2 weeks ago, it wouldn't and hasn't. Put in a new starter, cleaned the IAC, replaced cam sensor. Still no luck. I can fix anything if I know where to start, but I'm stumped. Help.

Reply to
MikeL

try taking off the fuel filter and blowing through it, if there is ANY resistance than replace it.

Reply to
abomb69

Do you mean it will crank but not start, or that it will not crank over?

If it sometimes does not crank, you might consider that the key reader is intermittent. If so, it can occasionally act like a dead battery or dead starter, and the next time it may start perfectly.

Reply to
<HLS