92 Roadmaster Radio Replacement

I am changing out the radio and need some instruction on how to remove the dash faceplate to get to the radio. Anybody know how to do it? I can't find any screws and it seems to be solidly attached to the rest of the dashboard.

Mike D.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

Mike - I don't know about your car specifically, but it was common during those years for GM to use clips to hold trim panels like this in place. They're a spring steel clip. Before trying to pry anything off though, double check common screw locations like inside the glove box, in the area of the cigarette lighter in the ashtray, etc. for screws. More likely, it's just clipped in. Start at an end such as the glove box end and try to pry the panel away. Slow and easy. Movement is more of what you're looking for, than an actual release, as you may have to pry it a bit, and move down a bit and pry again, before the first clip will pop free.

When all else fails - local body shops are an excellent resource for this kind of information. They have to work on this stuff all of the time and will gladly tell you how it comes off.

Reply to
Mike Marlow