98 Regal Radiator Question

Hello,

My 98 Regal GS has over 120,000 miles on it and I'm trying to change the coolant. I'm having trouble opening the radiator drain petcock. It rotates a quarter turn (CCW) and extends about 1/8 inch, then stops. I feel if I turn it any more, it will break off. How is it supposed to work? Continue turning CCW? Pull out after the 1/4 turn? Appreciate any knowledge about this.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Golike

Reply to
TimGolike