Best Rated threads in General Motors Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1988 buick park avenue 3.8 ltr
my 88 park avenue stopped running and acts like it might start but doesnt. any ideas?
8
8

Pinprick hole in power steering hose -please help!
I have a tiny pinprick hole in my metal tubular power steering hose. Is there a simple way to plug this hole? Is there a special glue or sealant I can use? To replace the hose looks like a very...
4
4

04 Cavalier After Market stereo Question
I recently purchased a 04 Cavalier and I am very happy with it, except the stereo was not able to play my MP3 cds. I used the Scosche GMT2049 installation kit and purchased a wiring harness from Best...
2
2

Overheating Firebird
First my truck starts crapping out on the freeway, now my car wants to overheat. This has NOT been a good week. Okay, the GTA. 1990 Trans Am GTA, 305/700R4, TPI. I got home the other day and noticed...
13
13

Towing with a 2000 Impala
Sometime in the next few years my 95 Taurus wagon is going to die & I'll need something to cart lumber & building supplies around. These are just for my home projects- but they seem to be...
12
12

2000 Buick LeSabre with intermittent misfire
My wifes 2000 LeSabre (3.8 v6) has a wierdly intermittent misfire. Sometimes it has miisfired like crazy for 5 minutes when started, then wont misfire again for a week. Sometimes it has not misfired...
2
2

Radio unlock code
I have a saturn 2001 with radio model# 21024009 ref#cq-jg1911z. I took the battery out, then poof... the radio says lock on it. Please, can anyone give me the code?
1
1

1992 Buick Regal Transmission problems
When it warms up it doesn't want to go. It's like it's in neutral. If I stop the engine and wait a few seconds then start again, it will go into gear again. At times the engine wants to stall when...

94 Buick Park Ave -ABS light on
Is there any way to diagnose problem without a scan meter ?
4
4

EGR P0401 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient
Hi, I have a 1996 Chevy Lumna sedan with 130.000 miles. The engine light is on and my scanner reades P0401. All othere checks are ok. The car runs fine. Some causes could be excessive backpressure....
18
18

Alternator just died...Advance Auto Parts any good??
I will be replacing my Alt in a 97 3.1 pontiac, can I expect any quality buying from Advance Auto Parts?
4
4

HELP my speedometer stopped working!..... Check gauges light comes on????
This is a 1994 Chevy Caviler with a 4 cyl. auto trans. and has over 96k. Would anyone have any idea why the speedometer would stop working? The strange thing about it is that the check gauges light...
2
2

1993 Buick Skylark stalls when hot
I was just given the above mentioned skylark from my father in law It's got the 3.3l in it and the body is in excellent shape. It also has approx 85000 miles or 136000kms There were 2 problems when I...
5
5

Buick LeSabre 4T60E how to disable TCC
Hello, I have a 1996 LeSabre and when driving at about 60 MPH the TCC torque converter clutch lock up is bucking, sometimes quite violently. I would simply like to disconnect the wire responsible for...

PHOTO - Olds motor - find the PCV valve location ?
1997 Olds 88 - I want to put my new PVC valve in , 100K miles on it. here is a photo I grid marked, please tell me where I should start digging to find the PCV. I suspect it may be hidden under...
17
17

Coil Packs for 95 Chevy Cavalier
I have a 95 chevy cavalier w/the 2.4 quad 4 engine. I need to replace the coil pack. I could have sworn that the coil is on the intake cover readilly accessable. I called autozone to get a price for...
4
4

Car runs good when i can get it started
I have a 92 saturn that has been having problens starting for days at a time. I can hear the fuel pump run when i turn the key and when i had someone else crank it i think i can hear spark which is...
2
2

Quad 4 bellhousing bolt pattern question
What other GM motors share the same bellhousing bolt pattern? Are there any other issues that need addressed when putting in a different motor? A friend is looking to buy a mid 90?s? olds Achiva with...
2
2

Cadillac HT4100 engine info needed 1984 Seville HT 4100
Whats the scoop with these engines ? They were produced from 1982-89 it appears. I'm looking at a cherry 84 Cadillac Seville with the HT 4100. Car is perfect, with 85,000 miles, but the all aluminum...
2
2

95' GMC Jimmy Engine miss, help please!
I got a 4.3 L 1995 GMC Jimmy, and lately i have noticed problems with my car. When in park and ideling in drive, the rpm's fluctuate a lot and the engine misses. Also, when driving on a highway at...
5
5